Bagh-e Eram (Eram Garden), one of the oldest and the most beautiful gardens of Shiraz, is located along the northern shore of Khoshk River.
The word 'Eram' is the Persian version of Arabic word 'Iram', which means heaven in Islam's holy book, the Qur'an.
The abundance of beautiful flowers, refreshing air, aromatic myrtles and towering cypress trees, including a tree dating back to 3,000 years (Sarv-e naz) have made Eram Garden a major tourist destination, especially during the spring and summer.
Although the date of the garden’s construction is not known, historical evidence indicates the garden was built during the Seljuk Dynasty (11th-14th centuries) under the rule of one of its most celebrated monarchs, Ahmad Sanjar.
Like many other attractions in Shiraz, Eram Garden has been restored by the kings of Zand Dynasty (1750-1794), but during later periods, the garden was handed to a Qashqaei tribal chief, Mohammad Qoli Khan.